26.2.14

A splash of cultures


This drawing represents the Brazilian culture (the bird) meeting with the Canadian one (the Maple Leaf) so it's kinda like a part of myself because that's how I've felt since I lived in Canada for a year. It's such a weird thing when you leave your country, your home, your friends and your family and goes off to start a new life somewhere else, somewhere new. In my case, when I was finally settled, had created a comfortable environment for myself there, I had to come back to my old life. Except that there was nothing for me to come back to, everyone had moved on, they kept living their lives while I was still stuck at that moment I left. So it took me over a year to be able to re adapt to this new odd place I found myself at. 
Now, almost 2 years later I can say that I feel comfortable here as well, but I'm not sure I'll ever feel 100% at home anywhere anymore. Now I have 2 homes, 2 families, I belong to 2 places at the same time, but I can't split myself in half to be everywhere I should. And that makes me sad, but it also makes me happy, because now I have double the love I had in my life before. 
So yeah, I would do it all over again without thinking.
Love,
Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment